Celebrate Independence Day at OWA
July 4 @ 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Celebrate Independence Day at OWA! Patriotic fireworks will cover the night sky after a day of family-friendly activities. New for 2021, OWA will host the inaugural 4th of July Street Parade led by Southwinds – a 70-piece marching band from Mobile, Alabama!
Join in the parade in your best-dressed gear to celebrate Independence Day and get a chance to win cash prizes! A small $10 donation to Operation Reconnect registers you for our walking parade and enters you in our costume contest, so dress in your patriotic best!
Donations to can be made online or in-person (cash only). Southwinds band will then continue to perform patriotic pieces with horns, drum and color guard! You can also catch our friends Uncle Sam and Rosie the Riveter in the parade and later in the amusement park.
Stick around on the OWA Island for free live music from the Bruce Smelley Band followed by the Troy Laz Band! All of this leads up to the biggest, longest and best firework show yet at OWA! Snag a free pair of 3D glasses from Guest Services or an OWA Information booth while supplies last. There are also two free showings of Wonder that evening.
Downtown OWA shopping, dining and entertainment
• The Park at OWA opens at noon
• Patriotic Kids Crafts + Scavenger Hunt
-Sky Balloons in The Park at OWA
-Next to Clash eSports Center
-Downtown OWA Splash Pad
• DJ on the OWA Island Stage
• Parade Registration begins at 1pm on the OWA Island Stage (cash only or pre-register online)
• Inaugural Patriotic Street Parade begins at the OWA Island at 2pm led by Southwinds’ 70-piece marching band from Mobile, Alabama. Participants can pre-register online. All proceeds benefit Operation Reconnect.
• Following the parade, the Southwinds marching band will continue their live patriotic performances featuring horns, drums and color guard.
• Patriotic Costume Contest at 2:30pm on the OWA Island Stage with CASH PRIZES!
- OWA Choice
- Best Team Costume
- Most Creative
- Most Patriotic
• Photos with Uncle Sam and Rosie the Riveter just past the lockers inside the front entrance to the amusement park!
• Live music starts at 4:30pm on the OWA Island ft. the Bruce Smelley Band and the Troy Laz Band!
• Our biggest and longest FIREWORKS show yet will take place at 8:45pm over the entire OWA property.