Contact: John Jackson
Hours of Operation
Monday through Wednesday 9:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Thursday 1:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. (general public)
Friday and Saturday 9:00 a.m. –5:00 p.m.
Closed on Sunday
Scheduled classes/meetings on Thursday ONLY 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Location / Mailing Address
319 E. Laurel Avenue, Foley, AL 36535
Story Time & Craft Project
At 10:00 a.m. each Tuesday and Wednesday during the school year, preschoolers and their caregivers gather in our children’s area for story time and a craft project.
Summer Reading Program
In June of each year the children’s department hosts summer reading programs at the Foley Civic Center, next to the library, for hundreds of preschool and elementary age children.
How do I get a library card?
You must live (full or part time) or work (full or part time) in Baldwin County.
Come to the library. (You must be at least 16 years old or accompanied by a parent or guardian.)
Bring with you:
- A photo ID.
- Official document with your current name and address on it, such as a piece of mail, checkbook or ID card.
- The name and telephone number of someone who does not live with you but would know where you live.
That is all we need to give you a library card!
What can I do with a library card?
You can check out books, books on CD or cassette, movies on DVD or VHS, music on CD, or magazines from any library in Baldwin County.
With a Foley card only, you may access our eBook and eAudiobook collection and use our website databases.
How long can I keep items I check out?
Everything checks out for two weeks. You may renew everything for two more weeks at a time unless someone else is waiting for it.
How much do library cards cost?
They are free!
Do I have to live in Baldwin County to get a library card?
You must live or work in Baldwin County either full or part time. Snowbirds are welcome!
If I check out items and fail to return them on time, will you fine me?
Yes, we will fine you 10 cents each day a book is overdue and 50 cents each day a tape, CD or DVD is overdue.
How many books can I check out at one time?
You may check out as many books as you wish. There is no limit on books. You may check out five each of any particular type of disc. For example, you may check out five DVDs, five music CDs and so on. You may also check out five eBooks or eAudiobooks.
If I look for a book in the library and discover that you do not have it, can you get it for me?
Yes, we have two ways of doing that:
- We will consider purchasing the book. Just tell a staff member at the front desk.
- We will ask another library to send it to us for you. If the book is at another Baldwin County library, there is no charge. If the book is requested from outside of Baldwin County, you will have to pay postage, approximately $3.
What else does the library offer besides books, CDs, movies, cassette tapes and magazines?
- eBooks and eAudiobooks
- special programs featuring authors, speakers and fun events
- summer reading programs for children
- one-on-one basic computer instruction
- public access computers with internet, word processing, genealogy and lots of software
- complete reference services to answer almost any questions or any information needs you have
- online practice for a wide variety of tests, such as GED, ASVAAB, SAT, etc.
- Alabama history and genealogy research
- much, much more . . .
How can I get more information about the library?
Call the Foley Library at 251-943-7665 or visit us online at www.foleylibrary.org.