FOLEY – The South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce is looking for an artist to design the artwork for the 2024 Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festiva.
The artwork will be used on posters and t-shirts used in the 20th-annual festival. The three-day event is scheduled for May 2 through May 4 at the OWA Parks and Resort in Foley.
Criteria that will be considered in selecting the artist will include:
- The artwork must be original by artist.
- The artist must be 18 years of age or older.
- The theme should include: hot air balloons, art, music and the Gulf Coast.
- The name of the festival should be included in the artwork – 20th-Annual Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival.
- The year should be included in the artwork: 2024.
- Foley, AL should be included.
- The actual size of the commissioned poster after production will not exceed 18 inches horizontal and 24 inches vertical.
- If selected, the artist agrees to relinquish ownership of the artwork.
- If selected, the artwork becomes sole property of Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival and the South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce and may or may not be used in any manner the chamber desires without further compensation to the artist.
- If selected, the commissioned artist will receive one payment of $500).
Artists who wish to apply should contact Rachel Spear, South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce director of events. Submissions should be delivered to the South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce at 200 North Alston St., Foley, AL 36535 or mailed to PO Box 1117, Foley, AL 36536.
Anyone wanting more information can visit www.gulfcoastballoonfestival.com or VisitOWA.com.