FOLEY – The city of Foley will hold a safety action plan meeting Monday to hear from residents about safety on local roadways.
The meeting is scheduled from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Foley Civic Center. The Foley City Council is also scheduled to discuss the project at their meeting. The council work session and meeting begins at 4 p.m. at Foley City Hall.
During the safety meeting, residents will be asked their opinions on issues involving traffic and other road issues.
Other items on the City Council agenda for the Monday meeting include:
- Hearing the annual reports of the Impact Fee Review Committee for the 2023 fiscal year.
- Discussing a resolution naming the Bon Secour River Headwater Project.
- Approving a public project recommendation to extend East Bullard Avenue.
- Holding the first reading of an ordinance to annex property owned by Turf Properties LLC.
- Holding the first reading on an ordinance to annex property owned by the city of Foley.
- Holding the first reading on an ordinance to amend increasing the threshold for requiring background checks on contractors. The state of Alabama recently increased the threshold for background checks, requiring the checks for projects costing at least $100,000. The previous threshold had been $50,000.
- Holding the first reading of an ordinance amending impact fees charged to new developments.
- Memorializing a School Resource Officer Reimbursement Agreement with the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office and Baldwin County Commission.
- Declaring a Street Department vehicle surplus and approving its disposal.
- Appropriating funds for the Aaronville Park upgrade capital project and approving the project.
- Appropriating funds for the Max Griffin Park bathroom capital project and approving the project.
- Accepting a Library Service and Technology Act grant for the 2024 fiscal year.
- Declaring the primary source vendors for the Foley Public Library.
- Modifying the city’s Personnel System Policy.
- Signing the updated Intergovernmental Agreement for the South Alabama Purchasing Association.
- Amending the pay classification for the Police Department.
- Increasing the Police Department budget for items not received in the 2023 fiscal year.
- Accepting the deed from the Alabama National Guard for the former armory building located behind City Hall.
- Approving a sponsorship for the Mobile Bay National Estuary Program annual breakfast in December.
- Approving an agreement with the Mobile County Commission’s Southwest Alabama Regional Highway Safety Office Community Safety Program for reimbursement for overtime in the 2023-2024 fiscal year.
- Amending a resolution declaring an 11-passenger ADA tram, one EZ GO golf cart and one Toro MD workman as surplus and disposing of the items.
- Requesting bids for the relocation and upgrades for the pavilion at the Kids Park.
- Approving disaster recovery consulting services and entering into an agreement with Synergy Disaster Recovery.
- Declaring eight Street Department vehicles surplus and disposing of the equipment.
- Approving the budgeted purchase of a 2024 Chevrolet Malibu for use by a Foley Police Department school resource officer.
- Declaring four Sanitation Department vehicles surplus and disposing of the equipment.
- Approving capital purchases by the Street Department.
- Amending the capital purchase accounts for the 2023 fiscal year for items that were not received.
- Setting a public hearing to declare weeds to be a nuisance at a lot at the intersection of Baldwin County 20 and South Hickory Street and ordering its abatement.
- Approving the forestry mowing of property located on Mills Road.