FOLEY – The Foley City Council will recognize two of the four Alabama small businesses to receive awards from the U.S. Small Business Administration as part of Small Business Week that are from Foley.
The council is scheduled to recognize the businesses at the meeting and work session Monday, April 17 at Foley City Hall.
The Alabama Rural-Owned Small Business of the Year is Soilkit by AgriTech Corporation, owned by Christina Woerner McInnis.
The Alabama Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year is Sydney Cody of Vanguard Pacific.
Soilkit makes and distributes a comprehensive lab-based soil test kit that provides the supplies needed for soil collection. The kit provides easy to read results and expert soil treatment recommendations to keep lawns and gardens healthy.
Vanguard Pacific provides construction and renovation, engineering and analytics and disaster preparedness and relief services to the United States government. The company works on projects from small renovations to large construction projects, hurricane relief and long-term maintenance contracts.
Other actions on the agenda at the Monday meeting include:
- Buy commercial washer and dryer for the Corrections Division and declaring the old units as surplus.
- Dispose of timber at the Graham Creek Nature Preserve.
- Reappoint Randy Arp to the Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals.
- Approve a lease agreement with Boss Hawg Investments for the ice distribution center.
- Install street lights along South Juniper Street between East Pride Drive and Baldwin County 20.
- Set a public hearing to declare weeds a nuisance on North Beech Street and ordering its abatement.
- Amend a resolution to purchase four dehumidifiers for the Justice Center.
- Adopt an investment policy.
- Memorialize a project submission to the Community Forest and Open Space Conservation Program.
- Amend the pay classification plan in the Nature Parks Department.
- Approve monthly bids for March 2023.
- Amend the pay classification plan in the Finance Division of General Government.
- Reappoint Donald Wenzel Jr. to the Museum Archives Board.
- Approve the application for the Fiscal Year 2024 LSTA Grant.
- Approve Volkert Inc.’s contract for the environmental assessment for the new library building.
- Approve four purchases for the Street Department sidewalk maintenance.
Annex territory in the corporate limits of Foley.
Approve the application to the Community Oriented Policing Services Fiscal Year 2023 Law Enforcement Agency De-Escalation Grant.
Approve a consent to assignment of sublease.