FOLEY – The city of Foley is moving ahead with the first two projects planned as part of $1 million in new sidewalk construction in the upcoming year.
The Foley City Council is scheduled to vote Monday, Feb. 5 to start design work on projects to add sidewalks from East Verbena Avenue to Centennial Bank and along North Cedar Street to West Peachtree Avenue.
The plans are on the agenda for the regular council meeting and work session that begins at 4 p.m. at Foley City Hall.
The Verbena Avenue project is intended to improve connectivity for downtown Foley.
The Cedar Street project will provide connectivity for North Cedar and Mel Rogers Park.
Other items on the council agenda for the Feb. 5 meeting include:
- A public hearing to approve the Initial zoning of property of the Mills Community as R4 (residential single family and duplex) and AO (agricultural open space).
- A public hearing to approve the Initial zoning of property owned by the city of Foley, the Mills Park, as OSP (open space/preservation district).
- The first reading of an ordinance approving an agreement between the Baldwin County Commission, the city of Foley and the Foley Planning Commission concerning the exercise of subdivision regulations within the planning jurisdiction of the Foley Planning Commission.
- An ordinance accepting the public rights of way and infrastructure improvements in Majestic Manor subdivision for Foley.
- The second reading of an ordinance for the initial zoning of property of the Mills Community as R4 (residential single family and duplex) and AO (agricultural open space).
- The second reading of an ordinance for the initial zoning of property owned by the city of Foley, the Mills Park, as OSP (open space/preservation district).
- Approving a restaurant retail liquor license for Waffles R Wild on South OWA Boulevard.
- Going to bid to buy a shuttle bus for the Senior Center.
- Buying a Ford F-150 pickup truck for the Municipal Complex.
- Applying for the Fiscal Year 2023 Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) Program.
- Approving Task Order FY24-01 with Synergy Disaster Recovery to provide disaster consulting services.
- Accepting a donation from the Foley Woman’s Club.
- Declaring a structure on East Rose Avenue surplus and authorizing its disposal and approving the purchase or bid for a prefabricated building to be used as the new Symbol Clinic.
- Waiving the fees for the use of the Foley Civic Center for the Dream Center of Baldwin County third-annual Charity Dinner and Silent Auction.
- Authorizing the transfer of personnel funds between departments.
- Declaring the Foley Public Library microfilm reader surplus.
- Buying a reel mower for the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Accepting a donation from the Rikard Charitable Trust to the Caboose Club.
- Waiving the fees for the use of Heritage Park and pavilion for the South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s annual BBQ and Blues Cook-Off fundraising event March 7 through March 9.
- Waiving the fees for the use of Heritage Park for the Redemption Apostolic Church to host a Community Praise event.
- Approving the purchase of a John Deere tractor for the Parks and Recreation Department.
- Bidding the replacement and upgrades to the dugout roof structure at Mel Roberts Park.
- Aligning the local public school support payment to the school calendar year.
- Bidding the installation of utilities and general oversight for the Beulah Heights Upgrade Project.
- Approving the professional services proposal from Thompson Engineering and appropriating funding for Michigan Avenue at Cedar Street and Michigan Avenue at Juniper Street.
- Approving the road building project for East Jessamine Avenue and accepting the professional services agreement from Engineering Design Group.
- Purchasing a Massey Ferguson 2860M Utility Tractor for the Street Department.
- Awarding a bid to S.C. Stagner Contracting, Inc. and appropriating funding for the East Verbena Avenue Improvements Project.
- Waiving fees for the use of the Foley Civic Center for a Teen Summit in April.
- Buying two golf carts and one Gator for Foley Sports Tourism.
- Accepting a quote and proceeding with upgrades to a vehicle mounted light tower.
- Approving the application for the FY2024 Dollar General Grant for Summer Reading.
- Approving additional funding and awarding a bid to Ammons and Blackmon Construction LLC for the base bid plus four additive alternates for the resurfacing and street repairs FY23 Project.
- Amending a resolution to purchase arrow board signs for the Street Department Traffic Control.
- Declaring the comfort station at John B. Foley Park as surplus.
- Approving a contract with Critical Mention for media monitoring services and increasing the Marketing Department budget by $5,800.
- Memorializing and approving the declaring one Street Department and one Horticulture vehicle and disposing of the items.