FOLEY – An early step toward widening and resurfacing the Foley Beach Express is one of the items on the City Council agenda for Monday, Sept. 18.
The council’s work session and regular meeting will begin at 4 p.m. at Foley City Hall.
One item on the agenda is a resolution to pay $28,412 to move two power poles owned by Baldwin EMC. The relocation is needed to allow for intersection improvements at Baldwin County 12 and the Beach Express.
The intersection improvements are part of the city’s plan to widen, resurface and improve the Beach Express.
Other items on the Sept. 18 agenda include:
- A proclamation naming the August 2023 Veteran of the Month.
- Department reports for August and the tax report and permit plan review for September.
- Approval of an off-premise retail beer and retail table wine license for the Raceway 6990 on the Foley Beach Express.
- Amending the purchasing policy and procedures.
- Allowing Big Fish Ministries to give away Bibles and water at Heritage Park until Dec. 31.
- Accepting the Fiscal Year 2023 Dollar General Grant for Youth Literacy.
- Accepting donated equipment.
- Transferring funds from the Municipal Complex Capital to the Operating accounts.
Memorializing capital improvements at the Foley Depot Museum and amending the budget.
Considering a facade grant recommendation for Lisa MIller Oral Facial Surgery.
Considering a facade grant recommendation for the South Baldwin Chamber of Commerce.
Transferring funds and the purchase of a John Deere Gator for the Nature Park Department.
Approving the purchase of a pickup truck for the Environmental Department.
Purchasing a 4×4 pickup truck for the Nature Parks Department.
Authorizing the mayor to sign a master service agreement with Lexipol LLC.
Appointing Ira Bates Jr. to the Housing Authority Board.
Setting a public hearing to declare weeds a public nuisance on a vacant lot on West Laurel Avenue and ordering its abatement.
Setting a public hearing to declare a public nuisance on a vacant lot on West Fifth Avenue and ordering its abatement.
Approving the Winter Season Fireworks Shows at OWA.